Under 12 Camogie Rules
To enable young camogie players to perform technical skills correctly and consistently.
To support young camogie players with developing team play
- Maximum 13-a-side.
- Each Sub should play a minimum of a full half of each game.
- Players should rotate positions.
- Unlimited subs
- Pitch no longer than 105. Long (20m line to 20m line).
- Make pitch smaller, if appropriate.
- Minimum 10min to maximum 25min per half.
- Well secured goalposts; Minimum 8ft x 6ft to maximum 15ft x 7 ft.
- Size 3 Smart Touch.
- With Throw in at halfway mark.
- All other players must stand 10m away from player taking.
Full rules expect:
- Solo Run up to 10m permitted.
- Catch, Lift into the hand and strike or Ground Strike at all times.
- No kicking the ball.
- May use leg to block/save.
Frees/'45's/Sideline - 'Nearest Player'
- Strike and lift.
- All opposing players should be at least 10m from player taking.
- Free pucks should be no closer than 20m from opposing end line.
- No hop /solo
- Frees: Player who is fouled or nearest fouled ball takes.
- Sideline; Player nearest ball when crosses line takes.
- ‘45’s’; Player who last strikes the ball on attacking team takes from halfway line, in line where ball crosses end line.
- Referee chooses player nearest/last struck to take free.
- 2 points for over crossbar and 3 points for goal.
- Shoulder charge is not permitted but incidental contact is permitted.
- No rectangle rules apply.