Go Games U10's Football Rules
To consolidate the basic technical skills developed at age 7/8 level (catching and kicking) in an environment where players are also encouraged to develop tactical awareness/prowess i.e. decide on the best option in terms of making use of and/or creating time and space.
- Play to commence with a throw up in centre
- After a score, the play recommences with a kickout from the goal keeper
- The player can carry the ball for one hop and one solo
- The ball must be lifted off the ground using the toe.
- ‘45’s’ are awarded. These will be taken from 32m out
- No frees closer than 13m from the goals. (no Penalties)
- A player who is fouled to take the free
- Goalkeeper may advance 10m for a kick out.
- Overhead catching
- Crouch lift
- Traveling using solo and bounce
- Kicking on the run
- Coaches to encourage players to kick from distance
- 50 minute games.
- 25 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion.
- Well secured portable goal posts (15’ x 7’ or 4.5m x 2.2m)
- Three Quick Touch (Size 2) Footballs - one placed behind each goal and one in play
Playing the Game
- 9 v 9
- (65-70m) X (40-45m )
- 1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 2 mid-fielders, 3 attackers.
- Teams must be streamed according to ability
Recommended Playing Area
Download under Go Games U10's football rules. (Go Games U10's Football Rules [108kb]).
Notes on Streaming
Notes on Streaming: read notes on streaming here.