Under 10's Football Rules
To consolidate the basic technical skills developed at age 7/8 level (catching and kicking) in an environment where players are also encouraged to develop tactical awareness/prowess i.e. decide on the best option in terms of making use of and/or creating time and space.
- Play to commence with a throw up in centre.
- After a score, the play recommences with a kickout from the goal keeper.
- The player can carry the ball for one hop and one solo.
- The ball must be lifted off the ground using the toe.
- ‘45’s’ are awarded. These will be taken from 32m out.
- No frees closer than 13m from the goals. (no Penalties)
- A player who is fouled to take the free.
- Goalkeeper may advance 10m for a kick out.
- 3 points when the ball is played over the crossbar
- 1 point when the ball is played under the crossbar.
- Skill Point for Overhead Catch (ball must travel a min on 10m ).
- 40 minute games.
- 20 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion.
- Well secured portable goal posts (15’ x 7’ or 4.5m x 2.2m)
- Three Quick Touch (Size 2) Footballs - one placed behind each goal and one in play.
Recommended Playing Area
Download under 10's football rules. (U10's Football Rules [195kb]).
Notes on Streaming
Notes on Streaming: read notes on streaming here.