Go Games U8's Football Rules
To develop the basic technical skills (catching and kicking) in a controlled environment.
- Play to commence with a throw up in center.
- Throw in at centre after score.
- Goalkeeper may advance 10m for a kick out.
- The player may cary the ball for one hop and one solo.
- The ball may be lifted off the ground with hands, provided the player involved is on his/her feet.
- A player who is fouled to take the free from hands.
- When a team plays the ball over its own end line, opponents are awarded a free from the hand from 20m line directly opposite the goal.
- No frees closer than 10m from the goals. (No Penalties.)
- Side to side charge is permitted.
- 3 points when ball is played over the crossbar.
- 1 point when ball is played under the crossbar.
- 20 minute games.
- 10 minutes per half.
- At least 2 games per occasion.
Playing the Game
- 7 v 7 inc. goalkeepers
- 45m x 30m approx.
- Teams of mixed ability (no streaming.)
- 2 zones
- Players must remain in the zone to which they are assigned with the exception of midfielders.
- All players to rotate positions after each half.
- Well secured portable goal posts (3m x 1.8m)
- Training poles can be used as goal posts if necessary.
- Bibs or Jerseys.
- Three First Touch (Size 1) footballs - one placed behind each goal and one in play.
Recommendaded Playing Area
Download Go Games Under 8's Football Rules. (Go Games U8's Football Rules [114kb])