Under 11's Hurling Rules
To allow players perform the underlying technical skills accurately and consistently in an open competitive environment and assist with the development of team play i.e. where players anticipate who should go where in order to maximise/minimise scores/scoring opportunities.
- Play to commence with a throw in at the centre.
- Players are permitted to lift the sliotar into the hand and strike from the start.
- A player on taking possession can take 4 steps, a max of 8 steps Solo running , followed by 4 steps to play away ( 16 steps maximum from taking possession to striking the sliotar).
- ‘65’s’ are awarded. These will be taken from 50m out in line with where the ball went out of play.
- All free pucks and 65’sshall be lift and strike.
- Players permitted ONE kick of sliotar on the ground, but no score can be kicked.
- No frees closer than 20m from the goals. (no Penalties).
- A “square ball” will not be called by referees at this age.
- 1 point when the sliotar is played over the crossbar.
- 3 points when the sliotar is played under the crossbar.
- No skill points.
- 50 minutes.
- 25 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion.
Playing the Game
- 11 v 11(max), 9 v 9 (min).
- (90-100m) x (40-50m) or 20m line to 20m line.
- All players to wear a helmet with full facial protection.
- Teams are to be streamed according to ability.
- Well secured portable goal posts (15’ X 7’ or 4.5M X 2.2M).
- Three Smart Touch (Size 3) sliotars to be used.
- Numbered Jerseys to be worn.
Recommended Playing Area
Download Under 11's Hurling Rules. (U11's Hurling Rules [195kb]).