Go Games U12's Hurling Rules
To allow players perform the underlying technical skills accurately and consistently in an open competitive environment and assist with the development of team play i.e. where players anticipate who should go where in order to maximise/minimise scores/scoring opportunities.
- Play to commence with a throw in at the centre.
- Players permitted ONE kick of sliotar on the ground, but no score can be kicked.
- All frees / 65`s to be taken by lifting and striking the ball.
‘65’s’ are awarded. These will be taken from 50m out in line with where the ball went out of play.
- If a free is conceded via an aggressive foul within 13m from the goal a penalty is awarded.
- No frees closer than 20m from the goals. (inc Penalties).
- Square Ball will apply.
- 1 point when the sliotar is played over the crossbar.
- 3 points when the sliotar is played under the crossbar.
- 50 minutes.
- 25 minutes per half.
Playing the Game
- 13 v13 (max), 11v 11 (min).
- (90-100m) x (40-50m) or 20m line to 20m line.
- All players to wear a helmet with full facial protection.
- Teams are to be graded according to divisional capability.
- Well secured portable goal posts (15’ X 7’ or 4.5M X 2.2M).
- Three Smart Touch (Size 3) sliotars to be used.
- Numbered Jerseys to be worn.
Recommended Playing Area
Download Go Games U12's Hurling Rules. (Go Games U12's Hurling Rules [105kb]).