Go Games U12's Hurling Rules
At this age the players are almost playing full Hurling rules but with still reduced playing numbers which will give young players better opportunity to develop their skills. U/12 is the first time referees record scores in an effort to make sure that teams are streamed in the right league for U13 competition.
- Play to commence with a throw in at the centre.
- Players permitted ONE kick of sliotar on the ground, but no score can be kicked
- All frees / 65`s to be taken by lifting and striking the ball.
- ‘65’s’ are awarded. These will be taken from 50m out in line with where the ball went out of play.
- If a free is conceded via an aggressive foul within 13m from the goal a penalty is awarded.
- No frees closer than 20m from the goals. (inc Penalties)
- Square Ball will apply
- 1 point when the sliotar is played over the crossbar.
- 3 points when the sliotar is played under the crossbar.
- 50 minutes.
- 25 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion
Playing the Game
- 13 v13 (max), 11v 11 (min).
- (90-100m) x (40-50m) or 20m line to 20m line.
- All players to wear a helmet with full facial protection.
- Teams are to be graded according to divisional capability.
- Well secured portable goal posts (15’ X 7’ or 4.5M X 2.2M).
- Three Smart Touch (Size 3) sliotars to be used.
Recommended Playing Area
Download Go Games U12's Hurling Rules. (Go Games U12's Hurling Rules [105kb]).
Notes on Streaming
notes on streaming: read notes on streaming here.