Under 10 LGFA Rules
To consolidate the basic technical skills developed at U9 level in an environment where players are also encouraged to develop tactical awareness ie: decide on the best option in terms of making use of and or creating time and space.
The official rules of the LGFA will apply to all games however small sided games have the following modified rules which are applicable at under 10 level.
- Play to commence with a throw in in the centre.
- Throw in at centre after score.
- Goal keeper may advance 10m for a kick out.
- Two skills per possession, one hop one solo (in any order) or 2 solos.
- The ball can be picked off the ground with the hands provided the player involved is on her feet.
- A player who is fouled to take the free from her hands.
- Opponents player who is nearest to the ball that crosses the sideline to take kick from her hands.
- No frees closer than 10 m from the goals (no penalties).
- There will be no (45’s) any ball that goes over the end line is deemed wide resulting in a kick out.
- 3 points when the ball is played over the cross bar.
- 1 point when the ball is played under the cross bar.
- Referees decision is final.
Playing the Game
- 9 v 9 inc goal keeper.
- Pitch 65m x 40m approx.
- Unlimited subs if applicable.
- Players should rotate positions.
- All players should get equal playing time.
- 40 minutes games.
- 20 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion.
- €10 Referees Fee per team.
- Well secured portable goal posts (4.5M x 2.2M).
- Numbered Jerseys.
- Quick Touch football.
Recommended Playing Area
Download Under 10's LGFA Rules. (U10's LGFA Rules [328kb])