Under 12 LGFA Rules
Non Competitive League Format
Spring series (format as below) with autumn series (format to be confirmed)
Spring Series: Playing rules as for the Spring Series of fixtures
- 13 a-side games; played at 11 or 12 a side if needed to match opposition numbers.
- Pitch 90 x 100 metres approx. Well secured portable goal posts (4.5M x 2.2M).
- One hop, One solo (or two solos).
- 50 minute games (2x25).
- Clubs fielding in two or three team divisions to stream available players on ability for the fixture.
- Size 4 Footballs to be used (where possible).
- Scores to be recorded for all games in U12, to be returned via eSports, but to be hidden on public website.
Note: as for previous U12 games.
The official rules of the LGFA will apply to all games however U12 small sided games have the following modified rules which are applicable to the non- competitive league format;
- Play to commence with a throw in in the centre.
- Goal keeper to take a kick out after score.
- Goal keeper may advance 13m for a kick out.
- Two skills per possession, one hop one solo (in any order) or 2 solos.
- The ball can be picked off the ground with the hands provided the player involved is on her feet.
- A player who is fouled to take the free from her hands.
- Opponent’s player who is nearest to the ball that crosses the side-line to take kick from her hands.
- No frees closer than 13 m from the goals.
- Penalties if awarded are taken from 11 m line.
- 45’s to taken 40M out and from the hand.
- 1 point when the ball is played over the cross bar, 3 points when the ball is played under the cross bar.
- Unlimited substitutions, all available players to be given approximately equal playing time.
Referees are appointed by the Board, expenses €15 per team.
Referee decision is final.
Download Under 12's LGFA Rules. (U12's LGFA Rules [323kb])