Regulations approved Ard Chomhairle on the 19th January 2019 and in accordance with Rules of Specification 3.4 & 3.6 T.O. Part 2 2019, that relevant games that finish level after normal playing times should be completed as follows:
If still level, a “penalty competition” to decide the outcome:
• The relevant rules in T.O. Cuid II shall apply in relation to Penalty Kicks/Pucks, unless otherwise stated.
• Penalties will be taken for goals only.
• The Referee shall choose the end at which the penalty kicks/pucks will be taken. The end may be changed by the referee if it becomes unplayable during the course of the penalties.
• The Referee will ensure two goal umpires are in place at the end in which the penalty kicks/pucks are to be taken;
o Both umpires shall position themselves on the end line at opposite side of the goals facing inwards
o If a penalty is scored, the goal umpire, will wave the green flag once the referee has signalled
o If the penalty is saved or missed the point umpire will signal a wide once the referee has signalled
• Each team shall register five penalty takers, a goal keeper & a substitute goal keeper with the referee and indicate in which order the penalty takers will take their penalties. (A penalty taker can also be a goalkeeper or a substitute goalkeeper.)
• The Referee shall toss a coin in the presence of the two captains to see which team will have the option of going first.
• Only players who are on the field of play at the end of Phase 1 (i.e. end of Extra Time), shall be allowed to be registered as a penalty taker or goalkeeper. Exception: The substitute goalkeeper can come from the team panel.
• A goalkeeper who is injured while the penalty kicks/pucks are being taken and is unable to continue as a goalkeeper may be replaced* by the substitute goalkeeper who has been nominated in advance, provided the referee is notified. If in the event the substitute goalkeeper also gets injured, one of the registered penalty takers may replace* the substitute goalkeeper, provided the referee is notified. (*Once replaced, the goalkeeper/ substitute goalkeeper cannot be reintroduced as a goalkeeper at a later stage)
• Subject to the conditions below both teams will take five penalty kicks/pucks which are taken alternately by the teams. The game is awarded to whichever team scores more of their five penalty kicks/pucks