To enable players perform the underlying technical skills accurately and consistently in open competitive environment and assist with the development of team play ie: where players anticipate who go when in order to maximise scores / scoring opportunities.
The official rules of the LGFA will apply to all games however small sided games have the following modified rules which are applicable at under 11 level.
- Play to commence with a throw in in the centre.
- Throw in at centre after score.
- Goal keeper may advance 13m for a kick out.
- Two skills per possession, one hop one solo (in any order) or 2 solos.
- The ball can be picked off the ground with the hands provided the player involved is on her feet.
- A player who is fouled to take the free from her hands.
- Opponents player who is nearest to the ball that crosses the sideline to take kick from her hands.
- No frees closer than 13 m from the goals -no penalties instead award a 13 m free.
- 45’s to taken 40M out and from the hand.
- 3 points when the ball is played over the cross bar.
- 1 point when the ball is played under the cross bar.
- Referees decision is final.
Playing the Game
- 11 v 11 inc goal keeper.
- Pitch 90m x 100m approx.
- Unlimited subs if applicable.
- Players should rotate positions.
- All players should get equal playing time.
- 50 minutes games.
- 25 minutes per half.
- 1 Game per occasion.
- €10 Referees Fee per team.
- Well secured portable goal posts (4.5M x 2.2M).
- Numbered Jerseys.
- Smart Touch football.