To develop the basic technical skills (catching and kicking) in a controlled competitive environment.
The official rules of the LGFA will apply to all games however our small sides games have the following modified rules which are applicable at under 8 level.
- Play to commence with a throw in in the centre.
- Throw in at centre after score.
- Goal keeper may advance 10m for a kick out.
- Two skills per possession, one hop one solo (in any order) or 2 solos.
- The ball can be picked off the ground with the hands provided the player involved is on her feet.
- A player who is fouled to take the free from her hands.
- Opponents player who is nearest to the ball that crosses the sideline to take kick from her hands.
- No frees closer than 10 m from the goals (no penalties).
- There will be no (45’s) any ball that goes over the end line is deemed wide resulting in a kick out.
- 3 points when the ball is played over the cross bar.
- 1 point when the ball is played under the cross bar.
- Referees decision is final.
Playing the Game
- 7 v 7 inc goal keeper.
- Can be max of 9 v 9.
- Pitch 45m x 30m approx.
- Unlimited subs if applicable.
- Players should rotate positions.
- Players should get equal playing time.
- 20 minutes games.
- 10 minutes per half.
- At least 2 games per occasion where possible.
- €10 Referees Fee per team.
- Well secured portable goal posts (3M x 1.8M).
- Training poles can be used as goal posts if necessary.
- Numbered Bibs or Jerseys.
- First Touch football.