To consolidate the basic technical skills developed at age 7/8 level (catching and kicking) in an environment where players are also encouraged to develop tactical awareness/prowess i.e. decide on the best option in terms of making use of and/or creating time and space.
- Play to commence with a throw up in center.
- Goalkeeper may advance 10m for a kick out.
- After a score, the play recommences with a kickout from the goal keeper.
- The player may carry the ball for one hop and one solo.
- The ball must be lifted off the ground using the toe.
- ‘45’s’ are awarded. These will be taken from 32m out from where the ball crosses the line.
- No frees closer than 13m from the goals. (no Penalties)
- A player who is fouled to take the free out of the hands from where the foul occurred.
- Good Catching.
- Kicking on the run
- Introducing soloing
- Coaches to encourage players to perform the two handed block
- 50 minute games.
- 25 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion.
Playing the Game
- 7v7 (Minimum applicable from 2024 season) 9v9 (Max)
(65-70m) X (40-45m).
- 1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 2 mid-fielders, 3 attackers.
- Teams must be streamed according to ability.
- All players to rotate positions after each half.
- Well secured portable goal posts
- U/9- (10’ x 6’ or 3m x 1.8m).
- Three Quick Touch (Size Footballs - one placed behind each goal and one in play).